Our mission and vision -
St Barnabas - a pathway to God through prayer and service.
St Barnabas Episcopal Church embodies God’s unbounded love by nurturing people of all ages in their spiritual journey through:
* Following Jesus Christ and seeing Jesus in the face of those we meet
* Worship, Christian education, spiritual inspiration, guidance for incorporating God’s principles into daily life and openness to established and new insights into God’s teachings.
* A warm inviting congregation - clergy and staff dedicated to serving God and each other
* An inclusive and diverse congregation that offers God’s welcome to all
* A generous and proactive parish – working together through outreach and mission
- We welcome all
- Children always welcome here
We welcome all:
We the People of St. Barnabas Episcopal Church strive to seek, love, and serve God, welcoming all to gather in worship, serve those in need, care for the environment, and listen and respond to each other.
If you are Asian, Hispanic, Native, Black, White, or Other;
If you are a child, a youth, an adult, or an elder;
If you are male, female or transgendered;
If you are straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual or questioning;
If you are single, married, partnered, divorced, separated, or widowed;
If you’re a life-long Christian, have never set foot in a church, or if it’s just been a while;
If you are conservative, liberal, in-between or undecided – politically or theologically;
If you are healthy or if you walk the road of ill health, mental illness, or addiction;
If you have a squeaky-clean record or have gotten crosswise to the law;
If you have a graduate degree, an elementary education, or neither;
If you are wealthy, poor, or somewhere in between;
If you live in a house, an apartment, a room, a car, or on the street;
If you are fully-abled, disabled, or a person of differing abilities;
If you recognize yourself in this list or wonder whether you fit:
You are welcome here.
We seek to extend the radical hospitality of Jesus Christ by inviting all to full participation in the life of His Church. In faithfulness to the Gospel; the holy, catholic, and apostolic tradition; and our Anglican and Episcopal heritage, and to the best of our ability, we pledge ourselves to sharing our life of worship, fellowship, service, and mutual care with all who seek God in this place. (Thanks to St Dustan's in Madison, WI)